HSEQ Manager – Valor Energy Group Ltd
Valor Energy Group Ltd is the holding company of a suite of Oil and Gas businesses based in Aberdeen. The current subsidiaries within Valor includes Cavitas Energy Ltd, V-TES, AISUS Offshore Ltd and AIM Valor Ltd. Each of the subsidiaries have been specially selected to interlink their operations within the oil and gas industry. The group of companies work collectively with a common purpose of increasing performance, and providing asset integrity services.
Provides leadership and direction for the implementation and management of governmental regulations, a Group HSEQ Management System, and safety policies. The role will ensure all subsidiaries and personnel are aligned with the procedures and systems to comply with the Group, and improve departmental work processes.
- Assessing QHSE competence
- Identifies and implements Group HSEQ Management System
- Ensures successful roll-out of policies and procedures
- Leads and directs associated personnel with system usage
- Delivers, maintains and tracks Regulatory and Compliance Training
- Provides constructive feedback & coaching for implementation of best practices
- Ensure HSEQ Management Systems are monitored
- Create and maintain departmental procedures
- Ensures compliance with audit protocols
- Conducts site visits to promote HSEQ best practices and HSSE assurance on projects
- Development of HSEQ project and department safe work plans
- Support HSEQ presentation needs to clients
- Ensure HSEQ related training is applicable to office and project needs
- Develops annual department goals and objectives
- Conducting periodic meetings with department staff, to provide top-down information flow about the company
- Reports, tracks and receives Key Performance indicators for improvement.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Experience of implementing and managing a Quality and HSEQ Management system environment
- High-level knowledge of HSEQ standards and legal requirements
- Adaptability to diverse working environments
- Experience of internal and external audits and third party certification audits practices
- Oil and Gas industry experience
- Confident self-starter who can work independently
- Supervisory or direct management experience.
- Confident user use of VISIO and Microsoft Office
- 10+ years HSEQ experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Associate/Bachelors degree in Occupational Health and Safety Preferred
- NEBOSH Certificate/ equivalent or above.
- ISO 9001:2008 Lead Auditor Qualified preferred
- Membership of appropriate professional body, i.e. IOSH/IEMA.
Internal: Group Management, Subsidiary Directors, Shareholders, and Engineering/Technology Teams
External: External Auditors, Regulatory Authorities, Suppliers, Third party providers, Clients
Decision Making Authority: Makes complex decisions. Has the ability to think analytically, conceptually and adaptively, and make sense of new information across multiple levels of detail.